Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kangaroo Story

                             It was a beautiful night in New Jersey.My brother and I were out searching for food for the family.As babies of the pack of Kangaroos we were the ones who had to go out and search for food.We never understood why we had to do this,but we had to follow orders.My brother and I hopped all night to search for food.We could not find a single bit of food for us, let alone the whole family.We saw a sign that said food is at the next exit so, my brother and I followed the cars to the next exit.We were not supposed to be on the highway at night,alone,but we were told do everything to get food.Once we exited we saw a world that was like no other.It was bright,magical, it was New York City!My brother and I were in complete awe.
            It was so bright the lights blinded me.We sat just staring at all of the amazing things.Then we saw our cousin,Andrea.We yelled,"Hey Andrea !"She turned around and she hopped over to us."What are you guys doing in New York?" "We are trying to find food .The question is what are you doing here in New York City."She looked puzzled,she did not say anything."I am here looking for food, too."My brother and I saw that she was with another kangaroo.We could not see who the person was.There was a moment of silence and then she broke the silence by saying,"Well I have t go.Talk to you guys later.Bye!" She hopped away as quickly as possible.We knew that kangaroo from somewhere. Instead of trying to find food we followed Andrea.We left Times Square and we were  now on 5th street.Andrea knew how to navigate herself around New York,so she knew were she was,but we did not.As we were going to cross the street my brother and I noticed that she saw us.She whispered something to her date and they quickly hopped off.We could not see her,we were lost in the middle of New York City!My brother, Jonathan and I  heard of these stories about getting lost in New York ,and it did not end well.
             We saw a police officer and we flagged him down. We were out of breathe and he asked."Hey are you two all right.You look like you two are about to faint .Can I get you some water?" "No."I said trying to catch my breathe. My brother asked ,"Do you know where we are my sister and I are lost?" He chuckled,"You are in Bronx ,New York," Our eyes we almost out of our heads.We questioned,"Are you sure?"He stopped and looked at us,"Do you kids know where you are.No,and I am a police officer here.Look at my badge it says Bronx doesn't it.""Do you know how o get back to New Jersey from here?"He responded saying,"Sure hop in."We sighed a relief.We hopped into the car and he drove us home.
            We hopped out of the car and when our parents opened the door and we looked in and saw Andrea and MIKEY, my neighbor! She looked furious ,as did my parents .We sat down on the couch and our parents and all of us had a talk. We got grounded for two weeks and got an extra week for spying on our cousin.
 

             

No comments:

Post a Comment